7th Ana Aguado scholarship award
Two Ana Aguado scholarships will be offered by FSR and its partners for participation in the Summer School on Regulation of Energy Utilities.
The European Distribution System Operators’ Association (E.DSO), the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E), the Union of the Electricity Industry – Eurelectric (Eurelectric) and the Florence School of Regulation (FSR) have the pleasure of announcing the call for the 7th Ana Aguado Scholarship Award.
Under this joint initiative, two scholarships will be offered by the partners mentioned above for participation in the Summer School on Regulation of Energy Utilities, which the FSR will organise in Florence, Italy, from 3 to 7 July 2023. Further information is available here.
The Partners will give five other candidates ranked after the two scholarship winners the opportunity to attend one of FSR’s online community training courses of their choice for free. These five free seats will be valid for courses starting between April 2023 and July 2024.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to email@example.com no later than 10 March 2023 at midnight (24H00 CET), including the following documents in English. The format and maximum length of the documents must be respected to be taken into consideration:
- A Motivation Letter (max. 2500 characters, spaces included, written and sent in Word or OpenOffice) explaining the reasons for your interest and the role this course could represent for your educational and professional life;
- A Short Essay (max. 4000 characters, spaces included, written and sent in Word or OpenOffice) on the following topic: ‘Energy prices have skyrocketed since mid-2021. Governments in Europe and beyond have mostly come to the rescue of their energy consumers by introducing emergency measures and allocating billions of euros. Please briefly illustrate one of the measures adopted by a country of your choice to protect consumers, and discuss their possible disadvantages’.
- A concise Curriculum Vitae (2 pages max).
Please note that any candidate not respecting the maximum length of the Motivation Letter or the Short Essay will be excluded from the selection process.
Candidates should meet all the following criteria. If just one of the criteria is not met, candidates will equally not be considered eligible:
- Ongoing or completed university education at Master’s Level in Economics, Engineering, European/International policy/relations/law or similar;
- Proven interest in the energy sector and familiarity with energy policy issues;
- Fluent in English (the FSR course will be taught in English);
- Not more than 3 years of work or research experience in the energy sector.
A Committee composed of representatives from the above-mentioned partners will assess all applications received and select two candidates by 7 April 2023. The two scholarship winners will also be invited to join the InnoGrid conference organised by E.DSO and ENTSO-E in Brussels in June 2023 (date TBC) for the winners’ public announcement.
Who is Ana Aguado?
Ana Aguado was a lawyer and a professional holding major positions in the energy sector for the last twenty years. She passed away on 7 October 2016.
Ana was Secretary General at EDSO for Smart Grids from October 2014. Prior to joining E.DSO she was CEO of the Friends of the Supergrid and held positions in the European University Institute as Special Advisor to the Communications and Public Relations Unit; in ETSO, the European Association of Transmission System Operators (predecessor of ENTSO-E) as Secretary General, in Eurelectric as Head of Unit for regulation and at the European Commission.
Ana was a passionate and enthusiastic person always on the front line for all major struggles in the energy sector. During her career, she was very attentive to students’ requests and needs, strongly believing in the importance of education for future generations.
Previous editions of the scholarship:
- 6th Ana Aguado Scholarship Award
- 5th Ana Aguado Scholarship Award
- 4th Ana Aguado Scholarship Award
- 3rd Ana Aguado Scholarship Award