Applications open! 4th Ana Aguado Scholarship Award
4th Ana Aguado Scholarship Award
Bernard Energy (BEA); the European Distribution System Operators’ Association (E.DSO); the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E); the Union of the Electricity Industry – Eurelectric (Eurelectric) and the Florence School of Regulation (FSR) have the pleasure to announce the call for the 4th Ana Aguado Scholarship Award.
Under this joint initiative, two student scholarships are offered by the above Partners for participation in the Summer School on Regulation of Energy Utilities course organised by the FSR from 6 to 10 July 2020.
This year, the Partners will allocate five other candidates ranked after the two winners with the opportunity to attend for free one online training course of their choice among those offered by FSR Energy. These five free seats will be valid between April 2020 and July 2021.
Candidatures should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 March 2020 and include the following documents in English:
- A Motivation Letter (max 2500 characters spaces included, written in Word or OpenOffice) explaining the reasons of your interest and the role this course could represent for your educational and professional life;
- A Short Essay (max 3500 characters spaces included, written in Word or OpenOffice) on the following topic: “Sector coupling is currently high on the European energy policy debate. Why is it the case and what does it mean for the energy industry?”
- A concise Curriculum Vitae (2 pages max).
Candidates should meet all the following criteria. If just one of the criteria is not met, candidates will not be considered as eligible:
- Ongoing or completed university education at Master’s Level in Economics, Electrical engineering, European/International policy/relations/law or similar
- Proven interest in the energy sector and familiarity with energy policy issues
- Fluent in English (the FSR course will be taught in English)
- Not more than 3 years’ work or research experience in the energy sector
Please note that any candidate not respecting the maximum length of the Motivation Letter or the Short Essay will be equally excluded from the selection process.
A committee composed of representatives from the above Partners will assess all applications received and select two candidates by 6 April 2020. The scholarships will be also officially announced during the InnoGrid Conference organised by ENTSO-E and E.DSO in Brussels on 5-6 May 2020. The two winners will be also invited (with travelling expenses and participation fee covered) to the conference.
Want to know about more opportunities like this one? Sign up for our newsletter!
Watch the interview with the winners of the last edition
About Ana Aguado
Ana Aguado was a lawyer and a professional holding major positions in the energy sector for the last twenty years. She passed away on 7 October 2016.
Ana had been Secretary General at EDSO for Smart Grids from October 2014. Prior to joining EDSO she has been CEO of the Friends of the Supergrid and held positions in the European University Institute as Special Advisor to the Communications and Public Relations Unit; in ETSO, the European association of transmission system operators (predecessor of ENTSO-E) as Secretary General, in EURELECTRIC as Head of Unit for regulation and at the European Commission.
Ana was a passionate and enthusiastic person always in the front line for all major struggles in the energy sector. During her career, she was very attentive to students requests and needs, strongly believing in the importance of education for future generations.