Bernard Energy (BEA), the European Distribution System Operators’ Association (E.DSO), the European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E), the Union of the Electricity Industry – Eurelectric (Eurelectric) and the Florence School of Regulation (FSR) have the pleasure to announce the call for the 5th Ana Aguado Scholarship Award.
Under this joint initiative, two student scholarships are offered by the above Partners for participation in the Summer School on Regulation of Energy Utilities held by the FSR from 28 June to 9 July 2021. The 2021 Summer School will be organised as a 1-week residential course in Florence or as an online webinar, depending on the pandemic evolution.
The Partners will allocate five other candidates ranked after the two winners with the opportunity to attend for free one online training course of their choice. All FSR online courses are valid with the exception of the Annual Training on the Regulation of Energy Utilities, the Executive Course to Master Electricity Markets, and the Summer School on Energy Utilities.
These five free seats will be valid between May 2021 and July 2022.
How to apply
Candidatures should be sent to email@example.com by 15 March 2021 and include the following documents in English (format and maximum length of the documents must be respected to be taken into consideration):
- A Motivation Letter (max. 2500 characters, spaces included, written in Word or OpenOffice) explaining the reasons of your interest and the role this course could represent for your educational and professional life;
- A Short Essay (max. 4000 characters, spaces included, written in Word or OpenOffice) on the following topic: “The energy and climate targets currently under discussion within the framework of the European Union Green Deal are ambitious. What are in your view the two or three key public policies that Europe should implement in order to reach such targets in a cost-effective and inclusive way? Please, justify your answer.”
- A concise Curriculum Vitae (2 pages max).
Requirements and selection process
Candidates should meet all the following criteria. If just one of the criteria is not met, candidates will not be considered as eligible:
- Ongoing or completed university education at Master’s Level in Economics, Engineering, European/International policy/relations/law or similar
- Proven interest in the energy sector and familiarity with energy policy issues
- Fluent in English (the FSR course will be taught in English)
- Not more than 3 years’ work or research experience in the energy sector
Please note that any candidate not respecting the maximum length of the Motivation Letter or the Short Essay will be equally excluded from the selection process.
A Committee composed of representatives from the above Partners will assess all applications received and select two candidates by 16 April 2021. The scholarships will be also officially announced during the Eurelectric Power Summit organised by Eurelectric on 25-28 May 2021.
Want to know about more opportunities like this one? Sign up for our newsletter!
Watch the interview with the winners of the last edition:
About Ana Aguado
Ana Aguado was a lawyer and a professional holding major positions in the energy sector for the last twenty years. She passed away on 7 October 2016.
Ana had been Secretary-General at EDSO for Smart Grids from October 2014. Prior to joining E.DSO she has been CEO of the Friends of the Supergrid and held positions in the European University Institute as Special Advisor to the Communications and Public Relations Unit; in ETSO, the European association of transmission system operators (predecessor of ENTSO-E) as Secretary-General, in Eurelectric as Head of Unit for regulation and at the European Commission.
Ana was a passionate and enthusiastic person always in the front line for all major struggles in the energy sector. During her career, she was very attentive to students requests and needs, strongly believing in the importance of education for future generations.