This seminar, set up in collaboration with Sir Alan Dashwood and Dechert LLP, will focus on investment protections after Brexit. Bringing together leading authorities in EU law and arbitration practitioners, we will address the impact of Brexit on intra-EU disputes and the investment protection regime governing EU investments in the UK and UK investments abroad. Among the issues, we will debate:
- The major economic and political risks to investors in the UK and to UK investors abroad.
- Potential recourses for investors against the UK based on possible regulatory changes implemented as a result of Brexit.
- The UK’s relationship with the EU after Brexit
- The future of investment protection in the EU
- Organising investor protection in the UK and for UK investors abroad in the post-exit world.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Former EU Court of Justice Judge Alan Rosas
- Former EU Commission Director-General Sir Jonathan Faull
- Sir Alan Dashwood QC – former Head of the EU Council Legal Service, barrister at Henderson Chambers
- Sir David Edward KCMG PC QC – former judge, EU Court of Justice, international arbitrator and mediator at Blackstone Chambers
- Arif Ali – Head of International Arbitration, Dechert
- Leigh Hancher – Director, Energy Union Law, Florence School of Regulation, European University Institute
- Michelle Bradfield – Partner, International Arbitration, Dechert
- Dániel Dózsa – Counsel, International Arbitration, Dechert
17.00 – 17.15: Registration
17.15 – 19.30: Seminar
19.30 – 20.30: Cocktail Reception
Please note, this is an open workshop and there is no fee to participate. However, given the limited availability of places, priority will be given to the FSR Energy Union Law Donors and invited guests.