Inspired by the recently published “A Modern Guide to the Digitalization of Infrastructure”, this webinar will provide a comprehensive overview of how the digitalisation process affects infrastructure-based industries, including telecommunications, transport, energy, water and postal services.
The contributors of this book are the experts of DIGEX, a working group (think tank), Digitalising Infrastructure Group of Experts, established at the Florence School of Regulation.
At the webinar, DIGEX experts will share their views on how digitalisation is disrupting traditional infrastructure managers in terms of capacity management and traffic flows. They will also discuss key topics including data governance, data sharing, digital platforms and sector convergence in relation to a specific type of infrastructure they are working on.
17:00 – 17:10 | Welcome, Introduction of the book
• Prof. Juan Montero, Professor at EUI/ UNED; Editor of the book ‘A Modern Guide to the Digitalization of Infrastructure’
17:10-18:00 | Contribution from the authors
• Technology: Prof. Günter Knieps, Professor of Economics at the University of Freiburg
• Telecoms: Dr. Volker Stocker, Head of Research Group/Postdoctoral Researcher, The German Internet Institute / Technische Universität Berlin
• Maritime: Dr. Anastasia Tsvetkova, Docent, a postdoc researcher at the Laboratory of Industrial Management, Åbo Akademi University
• Aviation: Lorenzo Casullo, Associate Director, Ricardo
• Electricity: Nicolò Rossetto, Research Associate, Florence School of Regulation
• Water: Brenda Espinosa Apráez, PhD Researcher, Tilburg Law and Economic Center – Department of Law, Technology, Markets & Society, Tilburg University
18:00 – 18:20 | Q&A Session moderated by Prof. Juan Montero, Professor at EUI/ UNED; Editor of the book ‘A Modern Guide to the Digitalization of Infrastructure’
18:20 – 18:30 | Concluding remarks
Prof. Matthias Finger, Director of FSR-Transport, EUI; Editor of the book ‘A Modern Guide to the Digitalization of Infrastructure’
18:30 | Webinar ends
To meet, discuss and learn in the channel that suits you best.