2nd Lights on Women Scholarship
A diverse talent pool is a key driver of innovative and inclusive solutions to advance the energy transition. The FSR invites women in energy and climate who are changemakers in their area of expertise to apply for the 2nd Lights on Women Scholarship!
The 2nd Lights on Women Scholarship by the FSR offers four scholarships to women contributing to innovative energy solutions, research and initiatives that accelerate the energy transition.
The annual Lights on Women scholarship aims to support motivated early- or mid-career women in their professional advancement with new or strengthened capabilities by providing free access to one of the FSR online courses (of their choice) starting in Autumn 2020.
Apply to advance your career in energy and to join the growing FSR Lights on Women talent pool!
Why should you apply?
FSR offers online training courses on a wide variety of key energy regulation and policy topics which will provide you with the technical knowledge needed to take advantage of employment and leadership opportunities.
The flexibility provided by FSR’s online courses will allow selected candidates to follow the lessons at their own pace, so to balance learning with other professional and personal commitments. All FSR online courses adopt interactive tools, group projects and live activities to enhance the learning experience. You will have the chance to collaborate and network with global participants and a world-renowned faculty while gaining the knowledge and skills needed to boost your career.
At the conclusion of the course, selected candidates will have the opportunity to produce an article that will be published on the FSR website and disseminated among the vast FSR Energy community.
“Further steps are needed toward gender-balanced representation in energy: focusing on women’s knowledge and participation, improving cooperation and looking for best practices and innovative tools are the coordinates I chose to evolve in the energy sector. Those are the same values and ambition shared by the Lights on Women initiative, a program I am extremely proud to join in. Let’s shine together!”
Who is eligible?
We are inviting all early- or mid-career female energy professionals and students who are changemakers in their area of expertise to apply!
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- that your work addresses an energy/climate need or challenge, with significant benefits to citizens and society
- how you played a role in the success of your organizations (or their products and services)
- active leadership and potential for future excellence in the energy/climate sphere
- genuinely engaged individuals involved in energy and climate regulation or policy issues who show holistic interests beyond current responsibilities
- highly motivated to invest in learning and networking
- openness to diversity and aspiration to join a global community
No specific academic background is required. We warmly welcome applications from around the world and in particular emerging countries.
How to apply
Note: please have all documents ready before starting the application form.
- Your CV in PDF
- A short biography, around 100–120 words (around 800 characters with spaces)
- A letter of motivation (max 2 pages) in PDF, describing:
- how your work addresses an energy/climate need or challenge, with significant benefits to citizens and society
- your future professional ambitions,
- your motivations for applying for the scholarship and how the online course you are selecting would help you reach your goals or advance your career
Documents should be submitted in English.
Applications will be assessed by a Selection Committee of FSR members. The four successful candidates will be informed by the end of June 2020 and will be provided with all relevant information on how to enrol in the online course of their choice.
*Kindly note that the FSR Annual training and Specialised Training on the Regulation of Gas Markets are blended online-residential course and not covered by the scholarship.
Questions? Contact us!
The 1st Lights on Women Scholarship
In 2019, Lights on Women launched its first annual scholarship to contribute to shaping an inclusive energy future by offering four scholarships to motivated early to mid-career women to support their professional advancement with new or strengthened capabilities.
Learning with the Florence School of Regulation
Our training courses are designed and continuously updated to meet the educational needs of energy professionals at all levels. The courses are developed with the support of an outstanding international training faculty, which includes professors from top universities as well as high-level experts in energy regulation, policy-making, and industry. We offer different types of training courses: Online, Residential, Blended (online + residential) and Tailor-made courses at all levels of knowledge.
FSR Online Training
Our online courses adopt interactive tools and live activities to enhance the learning experience, supported by an innovative platform and a dedicated facilitation team.
At the end of the course, you can earn a Certificate of Attendance, a Certificate of Completion or a Certificate of Excellence, depending on your performance and engagement throughout the course. You can take FSR online courses on 3 different levels of engagement, depending on your level of expertise or how much time you can dedicate to the course:
- Level One – Investigator: Learn to speak the language of the topic of your selected course! Take the quizzes, read the materials and join the live classes to earn a Certificate of Attendance.
- Level Two – Advocate: Learn to discuss and debate with colleagues and field specialists! Take the quizzes, read the material and join the live classes and participate in the forum discussions to earn a Certificate of Completion.
- Level Three – Master: Learn to discuss, debate, analyse and attempt to solve/improve a real-life case! Take the quizzes, read the material and join the live classes, participate in the forum discussions and deliver a Final Project to earn a Certificate of Excellence.
The amount of time required to take this course depends on the aimed course level as well as the level of expertise in the subject prior to joining the course.