Ten Years of the EU ETS: Carbon Pricing in the European Union
Organised by the European Commission, DG for Climate Action
Saturday, 5 December, 12:30 –14:00, Room Luxembourg. EU Pavilion, Blue Zone, Le Bourget – Paris
The EU ETS is the first and biggest international cap and trade scheme for GHG and a key element of the EU Climate and Energy Policy. Since 2005 it has been trading allowances to contribute to reducing industrial greenhouse gas emissions. It covers more than 12000 installations in 31 countries with a combined population of 500 million people.
This Side Event brings together key figures from the European political arena and the business sector to discuss the work carried out on EU ETS during the last 10 years and its impact on the climate and energy policies and the business strategy in Government and in the Board Room.
The event will be moderated by Professor Xavier Labandeira, Director FSR Climate.
- Miguel Arias Cañete, Commissioner for Climate Action and Energy, European Commission
- Lord Bourne of Aberystwyth, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change, UK
- Jean-Yves Canneil, Head of Climate Policy, Electricité de France
- Jochen Flasbarth, State Secretary Federal Environment Minister, Germany
- Dirk Forrister, Chief Executive – International Emissions Trading Association
- David Hone, Climate Change Advisor, Shell
- Stig Schjølset, Senior Analyst, Thompsons Reuters