1st FSR Lights on Women Scholarship
Lights on Women is committed to connecting with, training, supporting women in energy.
Apply for the 1st FSR Lights on Women Scholarship!
Gender-balanced participation in the energy sector is critical to a successful and inclusive energy transition. Because energy and climate issues touch everyone, diverse representation is especially key in energy policy and regulation, where decisions taken can lead to wide-scale societal transformation.
Countless studies have found that gender-balanced companies boost performance, effective decision making and bottom-lines. Despite the benefits, statistics show that women represent only 20% of the energy sector’s workforce at a world level. The ‘glass-ceiling’ seems quite hard to crack: women represent only 5% in executive boards of the 200 top energy companies.
An inclusive energy transition will not happen on its own. The process must be managed, and we must actively set goals and meet them collaboratively.
The Florence School of Regulation wishes to take steps towards meeting this goal by with the 1st FSR Lights on Women Scholarship by offering four scholarships to motivated early- or mid-career women to support their professional advancement with new or strengthened capabilities.
Why should you apply for the Lights on Women Scholarship?
Selected candidates eager to learn and advance their career in the energy field will be offered free access to one of the FSR online courses (of their choice) starting in Autumn 2019.
FSR offers online training courses on a wide variety of key energy regulation and policy topics which will provide you with the technical knowledge needed to take advantage of employment and leadership opportunities.
The flexibility provided by FSR’s online courses will allow selected candidates to follow the lessons at their own pace, so to balance learning with other professional and personal commitments. All FSR online courses adopt interactive tools, group projects and live activities to enhance the learning experience. You will have the chance to collaborate and network with global participants and a world-renowned faculty while gaining the knowledge and skills needed to boost your career. Browse our full online portfolio.
At the conclusion of the course, selected candidates will have the opportunity to produce an article that will be published on the FSR website and disseminated among the vast FSR Energy community.
Who is eligible
- Early- or mid-career female energy professionals and students able to demonstrate both professional experience and potential for future excellence in the energy sphere.
- Genuinely engaged individuals involved in energy and climate regulation or policy issues who show holistic interests beyond current responsibilities.
- Highly motivated to invest in learning and networking.
- Openness to diversity and aspiration to join a global community.
No specific academic background is required. We warmly welcome applications from around the world and in particular emerging countries.
How to apply
Application period closed
Note: please have all documents ready before starting the application form.
- Your CV in PDF.
2. A letter of motivation (max 2 pages) in PDF, describing:
- Your interests and/or links with energy and climate issues,
- Reasons to apply for the scholarship,
- Your future professional ambitions,
- Why the FSR online course of your choice could help your career.
3. A short biography and photo. This information will be used for communications purposes if the applicant is accepted for the scholarships. It should be written in third person singular and be around 100–120 words (around 800 characters with spaces).
Documents should be submitted in English.
Applications will be assessed by a Selection Committee of FSR members. The 3 successful candidates will be informed by the end of June 2019 and will be provided with all relevant information on how to enrol in the online course of their choice.
*Kindly note that the FSR Annual training is a blended online-residential course and is not covered by the scholarship.
Learning with the Florence School of Regulation
Our training courses are designed and continuously updated to meet the educational needs of energy professionals at all levels. The courses are developed with the support of an outstanding international training faculty, which includes professors from top universities as well as high-level experts in energy regulation, policy-making, and industry. We offer different types of training courses: Online, Residential, Blended (online + residential) and Tailor-made courses at all levels of knowledge.
FSR Online Training
Our online courses adopt interactive tools and live activities to enhance the learning experience, supported by an innovative platform and a dedicated facilitation team.
At the end of the course, you can earn a Certificate of Attendance, a Certificate of Completion or a Certificate of Excellence, depending on your performance and engagement throughout the course. You can take FSR online courses on 3 different levels of engagement, depending on your level of expertise or how much time you can dedicate to the course:
- Level One – Investigator: Learn to speak the language of the topic of your selected course! Take the quizzes, read the materials and join the live classes to earn a Certificate of Attendance.
- Level Two – Advocate: Learn to discuss and debate with colleagues and field specialists! Take the quizzes, read the material and join the live classes and participate in the forum discussions to earn a Certificate of Completion.
- Level Three – Master: Learn to discuss, debate, analyse and attempt to solve/improve a real-life case! Take the quizzes, read the material and join the live classes, participate in the forum discussions and deliver a Final Project to earn a Certificate of Excellence.
The amount of time required to take this course depends on the aimed course level as well as the level of expertise in the subject prior to joining the course.