FSR Global Activities
Our activities and collaborations outside Europe
FSR collaborates with global partners to foster dialogue and transcontinental knowledge exchange on key topics of energy regulation in developing countries. In our global activities, we follow the “FSR Energy Model” of building capacity via our innovative training, applied research and policy dialogue initiatives.
Activities under our Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) usually include capacity building, research, exchange programs, reach-out and networking.
World Forum on Energy Regulation
Workshop: Challenges & Tools to Prepare for the Future in LAC
Enel Foundation - Open Africa Power - Alumni meeting
Training for the Moroccan Energy Policy
Energy Regulation Training
MoU with the Indian Institute of Kanpur
- Signed a MoU with Confederation of Indian Industry, effective from May 2017.
- Signed a MoU with Tata Power DDL, effective from November 2017.
- Member of the Global Smart Grid Federation (GSGF) lead by the India Smart Grid Forum (ISGF).
- Collaborating with European Commission and ISGF to organise the 6th EU – INDIA Smart Grid workshop in Florence, Italy.
- Collaborating with Indian Institute of Kanpur (IIT K) and their Centre for Energy Regulation (CER) and will sign the MoU on October 10, 2018.
- Collaborating with Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) and currently in the process of signing a MoU.
- Collaborating with Gujarat Electricity Regulatory Commission (GERC) and currently in the process of signing a MoU.
- Collaborated with Perusahaan Gas Negara (PGN) for capacity building and research on best practices for Indonesian gas markets.
- Collaborated with European Commission and Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan to organise the EU – Japan workshop on LNG in Florence, Italy.
- Collaborating with the new Latin American School of Regulation as part of the consortium.
- Collaborating with the Inter-American Development Bank to conduct a workshop and prepare research report on ‘Energy in Regulation: The Challenges and the Tools to Prepare for the Future in LAC’.
- Signed a MoU with Brazilian Electricity Regulatory Agency (ANEEL), effective from November 2017.
- Collaborating with ANEEL and all other regulators from Brazil to develop an online course on Regulatory Delivery.
- Collaborated with the Technological University of Pereira (UTP) to conduct a training on ‘Regulatory Challenges to Power Distribution Networks’ for the National Energy and Gas Regulatory Commission of Colombia (CREG).
- Collaborating with United Nation Economic Commission Africa (UNECA) on ‘Curriculum Development for Energy Demand and Supply Planning and Management in Africa’.
- Collaborating with Enel Foundation- Open Africa Power program to build capacity via our online course on ‘Regulation for Universal Access to Energy’.
- Collaborated with Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) to impart energy regulation training to Moroccan authorities.
Indian Ocean Region
- Signed a MoU with Indian Ocean Commission (IOC) to work with island nations – Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros and Seychelles, effective from November 2017.
- Conducted research and training on ‘Regulation of the Power Sector’ and ‘Regulation for Universal Access to Energy’ for the islands of Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros and Seychelles.
- Collaborating with Institute of Energy at Mekelle University and will sign a MoU shortly.
- Collaborating with European Network of Transmission System Operators for Electricity (ENTSO-E) to develop a global online course to introduce non-European countries to ‘EU Energy Transition’.
- Signed a MoU with PowerforAll to collaborate on decentralised provision of energy access, effective from May 2017.
- Collaborated with the World Forum on Energy Regulation (WFER) to impart energy regulation training to world energy regulators in Cancun, Mexico.
- Collaborating with European Commission, International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), ENTSO-E, UN ECA, GSGF, Enel Foundation, ANEEL, Tata Power DDL, etc. for the first FSR Global Forum on World Energy Transition to take place in March 2019 in Florence, Italy.