The Florence School of Regulation has been appointed by the Joint Research Centre (JRC), Directorate General for Energy, European Commission (Petten, The Netherlands) to provide an intensive, in-house week-long training course to staff from the JRC and the European Commission.
This high-level course covers all aspects of the recent experience and lessons, the present and the future of the European regulation for energy markets and infrastructure. The main topics are:
- Theory and principles of markets and regulation
- Regulatory models: The electricity industry
- Regulatory models: The gas industry
- Fundamentals of electricity networks and markets
- Wholesale electricity markets
- Output-based regulation for electricity
- Fundamentals of gas networks and markets
- European regulation for infrastructure development
- Retail electricity markets
- Demand response and demand-side management
- European legal framework for energy policy and regulation
- EU strategy for the development of renewable energy
- EU Energy regulation towards 2020/30 (market design, capacity mechanisms, smart regulation for smart grids and others).
The faculty includes the FSR Director Jean-Michel Glachant, top experts from the European Commission, energy companies and academics from worldwide renowned institutions. This is a closed training course. For any information, please contact the FSR Training Coordinator, Hugo Gil.