This conference, a follow-on from our first initiative in March 2017, aims to consider the wide-ranging impact of Brexit on the UK and EU energy markets, from a legal and economic perspective, and assess the developments and challenges which have emerged over the past year.
- How might a self-determined UK attempt to establish itself in the energy market outside of the EU?
- What will be the effect on electricity and gas trading?
- How will the UK’s exit impact EU market integration initiatives, such as market coupling, cross-border capacity mechanisms, and the development of network codes?
- How might it affect the EU ETS?
- What are the repercussions of the UK leaving the Euratom Treaty?
- The UK has promised that it will not shirk from it’s commitment to plans for an integrated all-island single electricity market in Ireland (I-SEM). But how will this work? How might this play out from a regulatory perspective?
These questions and more will be addressed through in-depth discussions at the conference.
Stay tuned for further details coming soon!