A Seminar Co-hosted by Dechert, Sir Alan Dashwood and the EU Energy Union Law Area of the Florence School of Regulation (European University Institute)
We are pleased to invite you to a seminar on investment protection after Brexit.
The seminar, taking place in London, will bring together leading authorities in EU law and international investment law. Our speakers will discuss and debate the impact of Brexit on intra-EU disputes and on the investment protection regime governing EU investments in the UK and UK investments abroad.
The seminar topics include:
• Mapping out the major economic and political risks to investors in the UK.
• Investment Treaties after Brexit: Will the UK have third country status as a contracting party to BITs and the Energy Charter Treaty with other EU member states?
• The interface between International Investment Law and EU Law.
• Organizing investor protection in the UK and for UK investors abroad in the post-exit world.
Who will attend?
• Senior Officials of the European Commission, the Council Legal Service and the Court of Justice of the European Union.
• Current and acceding EU Member State representatives.
• General Counsel of companies engaged in foreign direct investment.
• International investment arbitration practitioners.
This conference will be held in English and there is no fee to attend.
Allan Rosas – Keynote Speaker
Judge – Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
Sir Alan Dashwood QC
Barrister – Henderson Chambers
Part-time Professor – Florence School of Regulation within the EUI
Arif H. Ali
Partner and Co-chair of the International Arbitration Practice – Dechert LLP
Partner – Dechert LLP
Counsel- Dechert LLP
The full list of speakers will be available shortly.
To meet, discuss and learn in the channel that suits you best.