In March every year, the Florence School of Regulation Communications & Media (FSR C&M), Centre for Media Pluralism and Freedom (CMPF) and Florence Competition Programme (FCP) organise jointly the Annual Scientific Seminar on Innovation, Platforms and the Digital Economy. Now in it’s 10th year, the Seminar brings together a great number of scholars from all over the world and features many prominent keynote speakers in the fields of social sciences, economics, law and media, as well as practitioners.
- The role of IP in fostering innovation
- Challenges and opportunities related to platform-based economy
- The role of competition policy in the Digital Economy
- Electronic communications networks, 5G and IoT
- Social Media, democracy and fundamental rights
KEYNOTE: To be announced soon
Previous keynotes included Hal Varian, Chief Economist at Google and Daniel Rubinfeld, Professor of Law, NYU School of Law, Emeritus Professor of Law and Economics, UC Berkeley. See below our video interviews with the 2018 and 2019 keynote speakers.
Marc Bourreau (Telecom ParisTech), Carlo Cambini (Polytechnic University of Turin), Jorge L. Contreras (University of Utah), Lisa George (Hunter College and the Graduate Center, CUNY), Steffen Hoernig (Nova School of Business and Economics), Sandra Marco Colino (Chinese University of Hong Kong), Juan José Montero (EUI), Giorgio Monti (Tilburg University/EUI), Pier Luigi Parcu (EUI
The cost of participating in the Scientific Seminar is EUR 150. This includes a shuttle bus between the city centre and the venue as well as meals and refreshments. Travel and accommodation costs are to be borne by participants.
Please submit an extended abstract (at least 8-pages long) or preferably an unpublished paper by Sunday, 15 December 2019.
More information on the call for papers.
For previous editions of the scientific seminar see the links below:
- 2019 Annual Scientific Seminar on Media and the Digital Economy – https://fsr.eui.eu/event/annual-scientific-seminar-on-media-and-the-digital-economy-9th-edition/
- 2018 Annual Scientific Seminar on the Economics, Law and Policy of Communications and Media – “Competition, Regulation and Pluralism in the Online World”: https://fsr.eui.eu/event/competition-regulation-pluralism-online-world/
- 2017 Annual Scientific Seminar on the Economics, Law and Policy of Communications and Media – “Competition, Regulation and Freedom of Expression in Digital Markets”: https://fsr.eui.eu/event/competition-regulation-and-freedom-of-expression-in-digital-markets/
- 2016 Annual Scientific Seminar on the Economics, Law and Policy of Communications and Media – “Competition and Regulation in Infrastructure and Digital Markets”: https://fsr.eui.eu/event/infrastructure-digital-markets-seminar-2016/