Universal Access to Energy
Welcome to the FSR Universal Access to Energy area. This knowledge hub primarily focuses on facilitation and investigation of energy regulation in addressing the Sustainable Development Goal 7 (SDG 7), which entails an integrated analysis of the three pillars of sustainability – Energy Access, Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency. We do this using the FSR Energy model of – innovative training, policy dialogue and applied research.
Contact person: Swetha RaviKumar Bhagwat
We offer state-of-the-art residential, online and blended training to suit the needs of our global audience such as:
- A special edition of our regulation of the power sector course, addressing energy growth pathways for Island Nations, in cooperation with the Indian Ocean Commission.
- BADGE training course on opening up the electricity sector in African countries, in collaboration with MINES ParisTech.
- Regulation for Universal Access to Energy
Policy Dialogue & Research
Through our expert panel and strategic partnerships, FSR continually explores ways to expand knowledge and best practices of regulatory tools that promote the SDG 7.We do this via our workshops, seminars, debates and research initiatives.
- Online debate on bridging the regulation gap in addressing decentralised energy systems
- Renewable Energy in the Indian Ocean Islands –Best Practices
- Role of regulation in bridging the techno-socio-economic gap in off-grid energy systems
- Energy regulation mapping of key markets in emerging and developing nations.
Latest News & Articles
Week 2 – FSR Topic of the Month: Energising Islands in the age of transition This month, FSR is featuring the energy transition in the […] read more
FSR Topic of the Month: Energising islands in the age of transition This month, FSR is featuring the Indian Ocean islands of Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar […] read more
FSR is part of the first Regional Forum on Sustainable Energy at Mauritius from May 28-30, 2018. The forum is organised by the Indian Ocean […] read more
Energypedia, in collaboration with the World Access to Modern Energy (WAME), an FSR Project, launched the Energy Access portal on energypedia at the Sustainable Energy […] read more
On 9 April 2018 in Nairobi, the Florence School of Regulation joined the kick-off of the first edition of Open Africa Power. The program, created […] read more
FSR is participating in the development of a capacity building programme for Africa. Represented by Swetha RaviKumar Bhagwat, the FSR is part of the working […] read more