Universal Access to Energy
Welcome to the FSR Universal Access to Energy area. This knowledge hub primarily focuses on facilitation and investigation of energy regulation in addressing energy access, and we do this using the FSR Energy model of – innovative training, policy dialogue and applied research.
Contact person: Swetha RaviKumar Bhagwat
We offer state-of-the-art residential, online and blended training to suit the needs of our global audience such as:
- A special edition of our regulation of the power sector course, addressing energy growth pathways for Island Nations, in cooperation with the Indian Ocean Commission.
- BADGE training course on opening up the electricity sector in African countries, in collaboration with MINES ParisTech.
- Regulation for Universal Access to Energy
Policy Dialogue & Research
Through our expert panel and strategic partnerships, FSR continually explores ways to expand knowledge and best practices of regulatory tools that promote the SDG 7.We do this via our workshops, seminars, debates and research initiatives.
- Online debate on bridging the regulation gap in addressing decentralised energy systems
- Renewable Energy in the Indian Ocean Islands –Best Practices
- Role of regulation in bridging the techno-socio-economic gap in off-grid energy systems
- Energy regulation mapping of key markets in emerging and developing nations.
FSR is supporting capacity building by making training accessible to the relevant stakeholders.
NEXT OPPORTUNITY: FSR Online Training on the regulation of the power sector in Autumn of 2017.
10 free places are open to candidates from low-income and lower-middle-income countries.
Deadline: 20 September 2017 Contact: Pia.Alessi@EUI.eu
Latest News & Articles
“Decoding the elements of universal access to energy” FSR Topic of the Month – May Editor: Swetha RaviKumar Bhagwat Fourth instalment by Swetha RaviKumar Bhagwat If you are […] read more
“Decoding the elements of universal access to energy” FSR Topic of the Month – May Editor: Swetha RaviKumar Bhagwat Third instalment by Swetha RaviKumar Bhagwat If you […] read more
“Decoding the elements of universal access to energy” FSR Topic of the Month – May Editor: Swetha RaviKumar Bhagwat First instalment by Pia Lovengreen Alessi The […] read more
An increasing number of developing countries are emerging as leaders in sustainable energy, with robust policies to support energy access, renewables and energy efficiency, according to […] read more
Energy Poor by Pippo Ranci, Matteo Leonardi, Laura Susani now available to download in English Among various indicators of deprivation that are used to measure […] read more