17th Florence Rail Forum. Green Finance and Sustainability – Which Role for Railways?
7 December 2018
Sala Europa | Villa Schifanoia, European University Institute
Via Boccaccio, 121 | 50133 Firenze (Italy)
Thursday, 6 December 2018 at 20h00
Suggested Hotel Accommodation
Suggested hotels close to the shuttle bus stop:
Area Santa Maria Novella
- Hotel Santa Maria Novella, Piazza di Santa Maria Novella, Firenze, ph.+39 055 271840, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Garibaldi Blu, Piazza di Santa Maria Novella, Firenze, ph.+39 055 277300, email: email@example.com
- Hotel Rosso 23, Piazza di Santa Maria Novella 23, Firenze, ph.+39 055 277300, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel L’Orologio, Piazza Santa Maria Novella 24, Firenze, ph. +39 055 27 73 80, email: email@example.com
- Grand Hotel Minerva, Piazza Santa Maria Novella 16, Firenze, ph. email: +39 055 27230, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shuttle buses, December 7
Piazza Santa Maria Novella (in front of Hotel Santa Maria Novella)
Main railway station and Florence airport
On arrival, you will be provided with temporary wi-fi access for the duration of the event. This will allow you to connect to the EUI network.
The personal information you have provided will be processed in compliance with the EUI Privacy Statement for conferences
For general queries: Conference Centre email@example.com
General information on local transport
From the airport:
Florence airport is located 8km from the centre, approx. 30 minutes by taxi or bus. Taxis can normally be found outside the arrival terminal. The airport is also connected to the main railway station by a shuttle bus that leaves every 30 minutes (on the hour and half-hour) and takes 25 minutes. Tickets are available on board for € 6.00.
Taxis: +39 055 4390 / +39 055 4242
- From Florence Airport Peretola to downtown Firenze about 25/30 minutes (approx. 25-30 €)
- From Florence central railway station Santa Maria Novella to the European University Institute: about 20-30 minutes (approx. 30-35 €)
From the A1 Milano-Napoli (Autostrada del Sole), take the Firenze Sud exit and follow directions to the centre of town/Stadio. Follow Stadio then Fiesole. San Domenico is on the main road to Fiesole.
Bus to the European University Institute:
From Piazza San Marco, take bus no. 7 in the direction ‘Fiesole’ and get off at ‘San Domenico 1 – Università Europea’. For bus routes and timetables consult: http://goo.gl/Ydj8K