We’re hiring: Job Opportunity for a Research Associate at FSR Transport
The Florence School of Regulation – Transport Area (FSR Transport) is hiring: we are looking for a Research Associate to join the team based in Florence, Italy.
The Research Associate will work in the field of urban infrastructure governance and regulation, mainly focusing on urban transportation, but also covering energy, buildings, water and wastewater, waste, telecommunications and green infrastructures.
The candidate’s main tasks will consist of: conducting autonomous research under the supervision of FSR Transport Director, Prof Matthias Finger; writing policy documents; designing urban infrastructure governance and regulation curricula for city managers; developing corresponding publications.
Following qualifications are necessary:
- Master’s degree in a field relevant to the position; PhD is an asset;
- Experience in and understanding of both governance and management of socio-ecological-technical systems;
- Background in economics, (public) administration or engineering;
- Knowledge in the area of “smart cities”, i.e., digitalization and its applications in the urban context;
- Excellent knowledge of English as working language; knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage.