FSR Young Researcher Seminar, 2nd edition
Call for papers on Electricity Market Design and Electricity Grid Regulation
Deadline extended! Submit your paper by the 30th of April 2018
The FSR strongly engages in contributing to the development of the next generation of researchers in Europe. After accomplishing a very successful first edition in 2017, we are now launching the second edition of the 2-day Young Researcher Seminar. It will be hosted on the 3rd and 4th of July 2018 in Florence covering the following two topics:
- Electricity Market Design (Day 1)
- Electricity Grid Regulation (Day 2)
On both days, the morning session will be dedicated to a panel debate with experts coming from academia, industry and regulatory authorities; while the afternoon sessions will offer the selected young researchers the opportunity to present their papers and to receive a thorough feedback.
The seminar is organised under the scientific supervision of:
- Jean-Michel Glachant | Florence School of Regulation at RSCAS (EUI)
- Leonardo Meeus | Vlerick Business School and Florence School of Regulation at RSCAS (EUI)
Call for papers
For the second edition of the Young Researcher Seminar, the Florence School of Regulation is inviting young researchers in the field of electricity market design and electricity grids regulation to submit their working papers. The papers cannot be already published in scientific journals. The researchers must be Ph.D. candidates or young post-doctoral researchers.
Interested? Here is all you need to know to participate
Timeline & paper guidelines
- Join other researchers from all over Europe and submit your paper at the e-mail-address: email@example.com.
- Target group: young researchers (Ph.D. students or young postdocs) working on the electricity sector (no specific discipline limit is envisaged: researchers can be economists, engineers or even lawyers and political scientists)
- Scope of the contribution to be submitted: working papers on Electricity Market Design or Electricity Grid Regulation not yet published in a scientific journal
- Paper submission deadline: 30 April 2018
- Confirmation of acceptance: 14 May 2018.
The best eight papers will be selected for presentation at the seminar. The Florence School of Regulation will cover the accommodation costs for two nights for the eight selected candidates.
Non-selected candidates who submit good papers could be invited to participate in the seminar.
No registration fee will apply.
When submitting your paper, please include the following information and documents into your application e-mail:
- Country of origin
- Current university/institution and role
- Title of submitted paper
- A short CV (please note that the selection process will not be based on your CV but on the submitted paper alone)
- The full working paper with an abstract and a short set of keywords
Co-authored papers will be considered. There is no specific template that needs to be used for the papers (no specific constraints for the length as well as the format of the paper).
For any issue regarding the submission, please contact Mara Radulescu
Are you on Twitter?
Send us your Twitter account name, or that of your university and Keywords to be used as hashtags. FSR will promote your work and will live tweet the event. The hashtag of the seminar is: #FSR_YRS18